MonJay Mezza Eggplant Dip Review
Once in a while, a simple, tasty, whole food, dairy-free and sugar-free dip comes along that ACTUALLY tastes good. Say hello to my MonJay Mezza Eggplant Dip review.
Generally, a vegetable-based dip is a multi-functional staple for me. I use it:
- with carrot sticks as a creamy/crunchy afternoon snack
- blobbed on top of my lunchtime salad, as a kind-of dressing
- served with my delicious home made flax crackers
- stirred through soups to add a creamy, non-dairy texture
- as a topping for roasted sweet potato…
..and MOST importantly, as a way of sneaking more vegetables into my day.
Of course, supermarkets and those quirky little gourmet stores stock some great dips but, there are SO many dips to choose from and therefore, a lot of label reading to be done.
After all, you don’t want to grab just any old dip, then find it’s full of crap when you get home.
“So, What’s In This Eggplant Dip?” You Ask
A good question. MonJay Mezza’s website lists these ingredients:
Eggplant, Tahini, Citric Acid, Salt (202).
Simply, vegetable, seeds, food acid and salt.
I guess you can clearly see what’s NOT in it. It’s:
So What – What About The Taste?
Ok, you want to know about flavour.
- This stuff tastes really good.
- It’s flavoursome but not too strong or overpowering.
- It has a creamy smooth texture, not lumpy or water.
- It’s not too salty.
Brand? Monjay Mezza.
Where? IGA supermarkets.
Why? Because you will love this creamy, versatile, vegetable-based dip.
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Do you love this dip too? Let us know how you use it in the comments below.
Chief Inspiration Coach
I'm a quirky scientist and a Health and Wellness Coach who helps 35+ women to understand and eat right for their body type.