Irena Geller-Saltamaras, Emotional Eating Coach.
FOUR QUICK QUESTIONS
What are your 3 most important cornerstone wellness habits?
For me, getting up early and exercising every day are really important for me to start the day out right. If I do that, then everything else seems to flow. Right after my workout, I need to have a healthy breakfast. It’s the things I do at the start of the day which set me up for a healthy rest of the day. I still need to do this on days when I’m tired or have had a bad sleep – especially on those days.
What do you love most about working as an Emotional Eating coach?
What I love most is seeing my clients’ faces as they start taking control of their own life. The realisations along the way are so powerful. Part of that is recognising that emotional eating is not about the weight but about the way you take care of yourself. When you get your focus right, you can rekindle your connection with yourself, create a healthy relationship with food, and simply be free to enjoy the experience of eating, every day.
What are 5 telling signs that your clients are emotional eaters?
Everyone is different, but my clients have at least 4 of these traits:
- They’re successful in life, and feel embarrassed and ashamed that their eating is out of control
- They feel overwhelmed most of the time and lack confidence
- They are disappointed and frustrated with themselves
- They are fearful for the future – what’s in store for their health?
- They’ve lost touch with their bodies, needs and dreams.
What are your priorities when working with emotional eaters?
Before you can change, you need to understand yourself better. Then, you can build a new way of eating that’s healthy and brings a sense of freedom and control, by:
- Reducing overwhelm and feeling prepared, even on your busiest days
- Making enough time to do it all – work, family, AND yourself
- Dealing with perfectionism and your expectations of yourself
- Loving and accepting yourself where you’re at on your journey
- Eating to feel strong in body and mind – even on stressful days.
- Expertise & experience with emotional eating 98%
- Top personal strengths – curiosty & love of learning 83%
- Level of Zest 79%
- Perfect balance of sunshine and rain 50%