When you love garlic bread, but not the bloated, icky tummy feeling, you need a cauliflower garlic bread low carb option.
I searched the internet far and wide for a recipe, found a few that seemed….almost there.
Then made up my own. Here it is, and it’s delicious!
Downsize Me Cauliflower Garlic Bread Low Carb – The Recipe
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs / 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
It’s absolutely perfect for endmorphs who are trying to lose weight and lower their blood sugar.
Downsize Me Cauliflower Garlic Bread Low Carb – Method
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius.
- Blitz the garlic and rosemary briefly in your Thermomix or food processor.
- Add the cauliflower and a little salt – blitz until the mixture is crumb-like.
- Transfer the cauliflower, garlic and rosemary mix to a dry fry pay and sautee for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Allow to cool slightly and press with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well to combine.
- Use a silicon spatula to transfer the mix into a lightly greased, non-stick loaf tin (small tin 7 x 14cm) and press down firmly.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and carefully, carefully remove the loaf with the spatula onto a cutting board.
- Carefully turn the loaf upside down and replace in the tin, then bake a further 10 – 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a cutting board to cool.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge once cooled, for up to 4 days
Downsize Me Cauliflower Garlic Bread Low Carb – Nutritional Information
Total Time: 50 minutes
Nutrition (per serving): 83 calories, 3g total fat, 93mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 5.5mg potassium, 10g carbohydrates, 3.2g fibre, 3g sugar (from the vegetable), 6.4g protein.
Dairy free, gluten free, side dish.
Serve immediately – or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you have IBS or are on a low FODMAPS eating plan, this is NOT for you!
Love this comfort food? Get this and other great recipes in this beautiful winter comfort foods book – 100% free.
Chief Inspiration Coach
I'm a quirky scientist and a Health and Wellness Coach who helps 35+ women to understand and eat right for their body type.